Saturday 7 July 2012

Honister Slate Mine


I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment, for the first time in seven years I'm having to take some time off. For the last three weeks I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to shake off a virus and the Doctor has now advised me to take a rest. Its a very busy time of year but to be honest I am tired & don't feel great so I need to be patient and let this run its course. Hence, the recent lack of activity posts - please stay tuned normal service will resume as soon as possible!


As such, in today's break in the weather, we took a leisurely drive up to Honister Slate Mine. This is a Lake District tourist attraction that I'm quite keen on a bit more "rustic" and less "plastic" than the usual fare and set in one of my favourite parts of the region. They have a good website . The weather held all the while we were there: tuna pannini & coffee in the Sky Hi cafe and a browse of the extensive display of slate products in the shop; a few photos and a bit of time to soak up the landscape - all good therapy!




No comments:

Post a Comment